The Island that keeps on giving.
It’s not often, anywhere in the world, that you come across a destination where it is possible to immerse yourself in theme park fun and important historical buildings all in one great day – but you can in Negros Occidental.
I was undecided where to spend the rest of my Panay Island Tour and having heard so many good things about Negros, I took the plunge and made a b-line for the island. I would not be disappointed.
Firstly, I took in the beauty of The Ruins, and after that sucked in the almost “New Zealand-ish” and certainly “The Hobbit-ish” world of Campuestohan. The Ruins have a fascinating history, which I don’t have room to tell you all about, but do some research beforehand and it will the experience so much better.
How to get there:
Campuestohan + The Ruins Day Tour:
From Iloilo Port, I caught a ferry going to Negros Occidental. After approx. 2hrs of ferry ride you arrive at Bacolod Port. From there I took a taxi from the port for the great price of Php700 to take me on a tour of the two most visited destinations in the area.
The Ruins: Taj Mahal of Negros
Entrance fee: 150php
From Bacolod-Silay Airport, you can take a shuttle (Php75-100 per head), or a cab (minimum of Php400) and ask to be dropped off at your destination.
From Bacolod City, you can take a jeepney (Bata-Libertad) playing to the north and ask the driver to drop you at the tricycle terminal near Pepsi Cola plant. The tricycle would take you to the entrance of The Ruin at Hacienda Sta. Maria. You can also opt to take a cab for less hassle since roads going to The Ruins were already cemented.
Campuestohan Highland Resort
Entrance Fee: 150php
From Bacolod ride a jeepney to Burgos Market. Fare is Php7.
From Burgos Market ride a jeepney to Alangilan Terminal. Fare is Php20.
From Alalingan Terminal, take a trike to Campuestohan Mountain Resort
🏍Solo Php400 RT
🏍2 to 4 Php200/pax RT
🏍You can haggle Php500 /3pax RT
A. Weekend Service
B. Private Group Charter
|C. Nissan Urvan
– Maximum Capacity : 15 persons
– Day Trip Pick-up & Drop off
|D. Nissan Urvan
– Maximum Capacity : 15 persons
Rides and Rates are base on thier website here: Campuestohan Highland Resort
- It would be advisable for guests to make a reservation ahead of their scheduled trip.
- Resort operating hours is from 7am-6pm for day-trips
- Bringing of pets is highly discouraged.
- Their parking space is free on a first-come, first serve basis.
- They have a restaurant serving affordable and sumptuous meals for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. The restaurant is open daily from 7am-9pm.
- Guests are free to bring their own food provided that they’ll be staying in the picnic cottages. Corkage fee applies once you bring outside food into our pavilion restaurant.
- Children 2 years old and below are exempted from paying the entrance fee and from headcount. However, if a child is over 2 years, the child is subject to paying the entrance fee at the same rate as adults.
- Proper swimming attire is required when using the swimming pool. Clothes made of jersey, cotton, and denim are not allowed.
- They also accommodate guests who wish to camp. They charge P350.00/person per night. This rate is already inclusive of entrance fee and use of our toilet and bathroom facilities. Guests who wish to camp can pitch their tents beginning 5 pm then pack-up by 6 am.
- Reservations must be made at least 3 days ahead if resort visit will fall on a weekend, and at least 1 day before if coming on a weekday.
Itinerary and Expenses:
Inquiries & Bookings
For your reservations, please contact the following numbers:
Landline: (034) 702-0964; (034) 433-3335
Mobile: 0915-211-1406; 0917-300-5007; 0925-600-8088
Office Hours: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Office Address: Bacolod TP Truckers, Gonzaga St., Bacolod City
Resort Address: Sitio Campuestohan Brgy. Cabatangan/ alternate route via Brgy. Granada and Alangilan Talisay City 6100 Philippines