An event that combines both fun and fitness is something you can find with Color Manila and just this July 31, 2017, the event that I and my friends were looking forward to, happened.
The Color Manila Run was an event that was on our bucket list for so long and finally, it has been crossed out.
The Color Manila run was held at Mckinley West, BGC and have three categories: 3k/ 5k/ 10k for Php 950-1850 depending on the package you will get. The race kit included a drawstring bag, sunglasses, white or colored singlet, race bib, hydration kit, color packet and a finisher’s medal.
Before the race began, participants were gathered in front of the stage for the warming up session. After which, the fun run started. A fire truck was there to spray water and let the runners get wet before the first station where colored powder was being thrown. Dubbed as #CMCHALLENGEACCEPTED, runners need to overcome series of obstacles that were setup from one station to another. These obstacles provided additional fun.
However, due to the huge number of participants, it also contributed to killing the momentum and excitement of the fun run because you will have to wait for your turn for at least five minutes before you can do the challenge. But then again, all is well that ends well. You just need to enjoy every bit of it.
Once we finished the race, we realized that we were totally soaked with colored powder. But it was a good thing because being colorfully dirty after the run was a must so as not to defeat the purpose of the event. Medals were given as a proof that we have overcome all the obstacles placed in the fun run.
The fun did not end when the race was finished because a color festival had been held and it was the best way to end the event with a bang! Splashes of colors everywhere, happy people dancing and jamming to the beat of the music.
Let the below GIF speaks for itself!
So overall, the experience was indeed fun and truly, Color Manila is a burst of color, love, and happiness.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Baggage counters and changing rooms are available during the event.
- Booths for their merchandise, for the claiming of medals and color packets and for the hydration kit were also put up.
- Hydration Kit consists of a small bottled juice. But there are water stations along the way during the run.
- You only get one color packet (color is your up to you). You use this during the color festival. It is a literally throwing of colored powder party.
- Run with your family and friends and share the fun and colors with them.
- Be there at least an hour before the gun start so that you can join the warm up session before the event.
- Always bring extra clothes.
- WET WIPES is a must especially if you will dine out after the fun run.
- Prepare your gadgets for your unlimited Instagram worthy photos!
Before the Color Run
- If you apply oil on your hair before the event, it will make it easier to wash out the colored powder later. Coconut oil or olive oil work best. Alternatively, you can apply and leave in some conditioner as this will do the trick as well. This is a particularly useful tip for runners with light colored or highlighted hair.
- You can wear a scarf or bandana to cover up your hair.
- Apply sunscreen if you have.
- Don’t wear anything that is of high value if you are not prepared to get it stained afterwards.
After the Color Run
- It is not advisable to take a bath once you get home. It is best to let the colored powder dry first and once dry, dust it off first.
- Cleaning your hair: Dust any loose powder out of your hair. Rinse out the oil/conditioner you wisely applied before the race with cold water.
- For your Shirt or Shoes: Dust off all the dried colored powder first before you wash it with water.
- Remove all excess powder before adding water. Wash your Color Run gear separately, with COLD water.
- The color is probably not coming all the way out of your white cotton shirt. You should be proud of that. But just about everything else should clean up fine.